Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Book of Qualities


UNCERTAINTY

I have lived with Uncertainty for a long time.  I had thought ours would have been a much briefer affair.  I had no idea how intimate we'd become until you showed up.

And now you are asking me to leave him, and there are a few things I need to know.  Who are you?  What are your motives?  Can I trust you?  Is it really me you want to spend more time with or Uncertainty you yearn to visit?
                                                                                      J. Ruth Gendler

1 comment:

Connie said...

I keep coming back here looking for something new, AND THERE ISN'T!....but then I go ahead and reread this quote on uncertainty. Lord knows why I look and read and don't comment. But I am now! I really love this ...it speaks to me, somehow.
connie