Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nest Necklace




I wore my Nest necklace all weekend at the Xtreme Journaling workshop for good energy. I love this thing. I have been inspired by the instructors at Art and Soul in Portland in 2008. I think I saw something similar around Nina Bagley's neck. Anyway, I have seen these wire nests on several artist's blogs, etc. I had to have one. While I was at the annual Craft at the Beach Week in October, 2008 I made this copper wire next and added a gorgeous glass egg from "Ellen's Eggs" on Etsy. She makes beautiful lampwork beads, but I am especially taken by the eggs as I have a current addiction to anything bird related. Eggs are the best! I used whatever beads I had left from my week of crafting. I'd like to make more, when I get the time! Thanks Nina and thanks Ellen (who just happens to be Nina's sister)

1 comment:

jackie said...

Your nest necklace is stunning! I love the colors of turquoise against the copper nest!
Looking forward to see what you created in the class!
hugs,
jackie